Back & Leg Pain During (and With) COVID – How to Feel Better and Manage Pain
Back and leg pain. All of us suffer from leg pain or back aches at least once in our adult lives, and many suffer every day. After contracting COVID-19, back and leg pain may worsen.
In addition to COVID mainly being a respiratory infection, Dr. Charu Dutt Arora in the UK Mirror points out that muscle pain and headaches are also unwelcome side effects. Inflammation in the body can be a result of COVID-19.
COVID-19 pain symptoms also align with chronic fatigue syndrome. Even after someone has recovered from having COVID, they can have symptoms that affect the brain, heart, and lungs, says CBS58, like brain fog and severe fatigue.
Sedentary work from home lifestyles plus suffering through COVID creates muscle aches and pains. Thankfully, there is evidence-based COVID pain relief with ReclaimAbility.
Standing Heels Raise
- You stand on your toes, holding onto a chair for balance,
- Gently raise and lowering yourself, stretching out your ankles, heels, and calves
Standing Push-Ups Against The Wall
- Stretch your arms out in front of you
- Place your palms on the wall
- Gently lean in and push back with your body weight, helping your chest, back, and legs stretch.
- Raise your arms while breathing deep
- Tilt back your head for an overall stretch.
Only health professionals such as your primary care provider and/or a ReclaimAbility doctor can diagnose and treat COVID-19 and any symptoms that arise from it. Please call today to see how we can lead you onto a pain-free path to living your best life with ultrasound-guided injections, trigger point injections, medial branch block, and Botox for spastic pain and migraines.
Remember, COVID-19 is not quite gone yet, so please take steps to stay healthy and be safe.